Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trust your struggle

So the picture you see on the left is my tattoo. It's on my forearm and it's a quote that I hold dear to my heart. When I got this tattoo it meant so much to me. I felt like life as I knew it was falling apart around me. Like I had NO ONE. Nothing.  I felt like this would be a symbol forever to me to remind me of the struggle and pain I went through that year. The disappointments dragged on & I was so unhappy. Finally I came to a point where I got over it all. I realized that PAIN is temporary. That pain won't hold me back from working two jobs, my dreams, getting to where I wanted & what I wanted. I promised myself to never allow someone to be the reason for my happiness because with one word, action ETC they could take it all from me. All the time I spent building my confidence back up, my happiness, & relationships someone would be able to take from me in a heartbeat. What I've realized through out everything I've been through in the 22 years I've been alive is that You need to find happiness within yourself, your heart & everything else you do. Because ultimately YOU are responsible for your HAPPINESS. You shouldn't rely on someone else for that. Although I think it's just fine if someone makes you happy that's completely different. I feel like if you are happy with yourself anyone can make you happy as long as you're not relying on them for HAPPINESS nothing can break you down. You're bulletproof in a line of bullets. You're a steel rod being stoned. You're the most confident being there is because YOU'RE HAPPY. You know who you are, What you stand for and what you want in LIFE. & no words, bitterness or anything can take you down ! Just like i said in the beginning pain is a temporary feeling ! Pain BREEDS STRENGTH ! through every struggle comes prevail ! Trust your struggle ! Trust that something better will happen ! Because to be quite honest through every struggle & painful situation i've been through came something BETTER. Something Bigger. 




“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.” 
― Jim Morrison

0 comments:

Post a Comment