Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY: Turn that old sweater into a scarf, leg warmers & a crop sweater tee !? Yess !


Just in time for the Cold season ! 


So i had an old out dated sweater which sadly was a little tight on my tummy that I noticed of this weekend :( SO ! I decided I can't let it go ! I'm going to reuse it ! Yes i'm one of those people that want my money's worth wether it's a $1 or $12. This sweater was only $2.50 @ salvation army.

So as you can tell from the picture I cut the turtle neck off and used it as a scarf ! So comfortable and warm. Not only that ! it's a fall color ! :)

Next I cut off the sleeve which had some awesome button detailing which hung out of the top of my boots. Almost making them look like I spent a good chunk of change on them ! These are my favorite out of all three pieces. You can pair them with leggings, black skinnies, or even dark jeans ! under boots of course. I've never tried them with sneakers,but there's a first time for everything.

Lastly, the rest of the shirt ?! I didn't toss it because it actually looked decent on top of my long sleeve! So i kept it. And loved sporting it. I obviously couldn't wear all three pieces together or someone might find out what i did there.. hehe lol,but it would be super cute paired with a long sleeve leather jacket and possibly the warmers&some saddle boots!

OH the possibilities when DIY'ing ! You never know what you can do with that box of "stuff to get rid of" literally the BOX and the stuff inside the box.

Happy DIY'ing loves !

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So do I ! i've even thought about running out and getting some thrift store sweaters and making more ! :) you should try it ! so easy and fun !

      Delete